Margulies Senior Center
The William Margulies Senior Center, in West Orange, offers social, cultural and recreational opportunities Monday to Thursday, 9am-2pm for older adults. Participants may choose to stay all day or drop in for specific programs. Lunch is available with a suggested donation.
•A four-day week program (Monday–Thursday)
• Day and overnight trips
• Bridge, Mah Jongg, and Canasta
• Lectures, entertainment, movies, and monthly birthday parties
• Tai Chi Chih—exercise for the mind and body
• Armchair aerobics—low impact using weights and bands especially geared towards seniors
• Parshat HaShavua—discussion of the Torah
• Creative writing classes
• Holiday celebrations
• Hot Kosher lunch available
• Discounts on the Life Long Learning program, Theater events, fabulous trips, and many other classes and programs.
Additional Satellite Senior Centers
The Senior Centers throughout the community offer a place for you to enjoy new friendships and new experiences. Programs include speakers, discussions on current events, Hirschhorn Lecture Series, social action projects, trips, social events, Jewish celebrations, games, exercise.