Camp Deeny Riback Unit Leaders
Camp Deeny Riback in Flanders, NJ is seeking Unit Leaders for the 2024 summer camp season.
Unit Leaders are teachers and adults who supervise an entire age group/ unit. They are responsible for everything in the unit and directly supervise the counselors and campers in every aspect of their camp experience.
- Unit Leaders meet with the Directors before and after camp each day to review all pertinent information that arises regarding group dynamics, food issues, and scheduling.
- Unit Leaders also serve as the liaison between the camp and camp families. They are responsible for all contact with parents from the pre-camp phone call through the last day of camp. Because Unit Leaders are always around their campers, they know everything about them and can communicate with parents about personal situations which may arise.
At Camp Deeny Riback, we aim to create an environment for campers that fosters social and emotional growth. Our primary way of doing this is through our staff. We look to hire skilled and qualified staff who have a passion and desire to have kids believe in themselves and who want to see kids be the best possible versions of themselves.
We are looking for special individuals who feel comfortable being a child’s role model, and provide genuine warmth and sound decision-making. Our emphasis is on having our camper build lasting friendships in a supportive community atmosphere of warmth and caring.
- Teachers and those enrolled in a program to become a teacher are preferred.
- College degree preferred.
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
At camp we provide an environment where you can learn and develop essential work and life skills including Communication, Collaboration, Critical Thinking, Contribution, Leadership Skills, and Creativity together with Ongoing Professional Development in a beautiful outdoor setting.
Unit Leaders are full-time temporary/seasonal employees who work Monday through Friday from June 24, 2024 through August 16, 2024, with various training dates leading up to the camp season.
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] or apply at https://jccmetrowest.org/programs/camps/cdr/work-at-camp/#overview.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Agency Information: JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 142 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural and fitness programs. Here at the J, we take every precaution to keep our community safe and healthy, as well as warm, inclusive, and welcoming.