Healthy Start (complimentary for all new members)
This 60-day program offers a personalized introduction to your fitness and health experience here at the J. It is designed to help maximize all the benefits of a JCC MetroWest membership and consists of a series of appointments with a certified Health Coach in addition to a session with a Personal Trainer.
- 8-week program with two 45 min pre- and post-assessments with a Health Coach along with weekly touchpoints.
- The initial assessment with a health coach will consist of the following:
- Discussion of your health profile including any pertinent medical conditions as well as a discussion to learn about your interests, goals, and preferences.
- A Body Composition Assessment which is a non-invasive, quick, and accurate body composition analysis that provides vital health measurements including, but not limited to, blood pressure, percent body fat, basal metabolic rate (BMR), skeletal muscle mass, total body water, and visceral fat assessment. This will establish a baseline against which subsequent tests will be measured to show progress throughout the program.
- Flexibility, balance, and strength assessments.
- Completion of a documented action plan that includes goals to be met throughout the program.
- 45 min Personal Training session with a customized workout and equipment orientation
- Throughout the 8 weeks, the health coach and personal trainer will be available for questions or suggestions as you move through your plan toward your goals.
- Post-program assessment will be 45 minutes and the body composition analysis, flexibility, balance, and strength assessments will be repeated. Progress will be evaluated, and a continuation plan discussed.