Metro Marlins Swim Team
Swim Team RegistrationClick Here
Metro Marlins Competitive Swim Team
Ages: 5 – 18 years old
The JCC Metro Marlins is a competitive and fun swim team that focuses on stroke technique, swimming appropriate yardage, positive sportsmanship, and competition. Swimmers will have the opportunity to practice up to 6 days a week at the designated time frame and will be assigned to lap lanes according to age and ability.
Swimmers train and compete together and enjoy the team building experience. Practices focus on correct stroke mechanics, high endurance and aerobic training, and personal growth.
Metro Marlins USA Swimming:
Opportunity for current members of the JCC Metro Marlins to compete in USA swim meets throughout the fall and winter season. Must be a current member of the JCC Metro Marlins.
Mini Marlins Pre-Competitive Swim Program
Ages: 5 – 8 years old
At this level, we will teach the swimmers the basic concepts to correctly swim all four competitive strokes. These practices will focus on technique while also building endurance. These swimmers will not always participate in regular dual meets. They will be encouraged to attend at least 2 meets to get an understanding of what happens at a meet and to cheer on their fellow teammates.
- Must be able to swim at least 25 yards (1 lap) without stopping
- Must have a basic understanding of both freestyle and backstroke
Metro Marlins Green Team
Ages: 8 – 12 years old
This level is for swimmers who are ready for competition and are prepared to commit at least 2-3 days per week to swim team. These swimmers will focus on building endurance while maintaining good stroke mechanics. At this level, we will begin to teach starts, turns, and finishes. At this level and above, swimmers will participate in all of the scheduled meets throughout the season including both invitational and dual meets.
- Must be able to complete at least 25 yards (1 lap) of both freestyle and backstroke without stopping
- Must be able to swim at least 25 yards (1 lap) of breaststroke
- Must have a basic understanding of butterfly
- Must have a basic understanding of starts, turns, and finishes
Metro Marlins Purple Team
Ages: 11 – 18 years old
This level is for swimmers who are efficient in all four strokes and have experience in competitive swimming. These swimmers are motivated to excel in their swimming career and practices will focus on building speed and endurance. Stroke techniques will be reinforced however swimmers at this level are expected to be able to correctly perform all four strokes. Swimmers at this level should be able to commit at least 3 days per week to swim team.
- Must be able to complete at least 100 yards (4 laps) of both freestyle and backstroke
- Must be able to complete at least 50 yards (2 laps) of both breaststroke and butterfly
- Must be able to dive from the block, flip turn and finish at walls appropriately