Red Cross Classes
Blended Learning Lifeguard Training Classes
These are blended learning classes which combine online learning with on-site skills sessions where you will practice skills and demonstrate competency. Completion of all online materials prior to each class and attendance at all sessions is mandatory when registered for a full course. For Review course participants, plan to complete the initial online lessons of your training at least two days prior to your first on-site skills session.
Fees: Member $351 • Guest $401
- Must be 15 yrs old by the last scheduled date of the course.
- Pre-skills (for both full and review classes):
- Continuously swim 300 yds. demonstrating breath control and rhythmic breathing.
- Candidates may use front crawl, breaststroke or a combination of both but swimming on the back or side is not allowed. Swim goggles may be used.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only the legs. Candidates should place their hands under the armpits.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds
- Starting in the water, swim 20 yards. The face may be in or out of the water. Swim goggles are not allowed.
- Surface dive, feet-first or head-first, to a depth of 7-10 feet to retrieve a 10 lb. object.
- Return to the surface and swim 20 yards on the back to return to the starting point with both hands holding the object and keeping the face at or near the surface so they are able to get a breath. Candidates cannot swim the distance underwater.
- Exit the water without using a ladder or steps.
Sunday, March 3rd Prerequisite swim test –meet 1pm at the pool
Classes: Tuesdays, March 5,12, and19 • 6-10pm | Sundays, March 10 and 17 • 1-6pm
Candidate MUST attend all classes.
Blended Learning Lifeguard Review Classes
This class is for lifeguard with a CURRENT Lifeguard Certification. Please bring proof of certification to the first day of class. To allow all participants time to register with the Red Cross and complete the online session prior to the first day of their class.
Must bring completed online progress report, current certifications, and pocket mask.
Fees: Member $156 • Guest $181