Upper Camp and Trip Supervisor, Camp Deeny Riback
Camp Deeny Riback in Flanders, NJ is seeking an Upper Camp and Trip Supervisor
Among other things, the Upper Camp and Trip Supervisor will lead trips that are 3 days to 1 week in length throughout the summer for campers entering 6th through 9th grades. Prior to the camp season, this person will be responsible for (1) helping to plan travel in partnership with the camp administration team and (2) attending leadership team meetings and required staff orientations prior to the start of camp. The Upper Camp and Trip Supervisor will work full-time Monday through Friday when camp is in session from June 24, 2024 through August 16, 2024.
Responsibilities/Essential Functions of the Position:
- Work in partnership with the Assistant Camp Directors and Operations Director to complete trip bookings
- Complete all required paperwork in a timely fashion
- Assist with reconciling monthly spending
- Provide direct supervision and support for approximately 10-12 staff members, including two unit leaders and about ten counselors.
- Attend morning leadership meetings beginning at 8am
- Meet routinely with staff to inform of important camp and trip updates
- Provide routine and constructive feedback aimed to help staff members grow in their role at camp
- Complete fair and equitable mid-season and end-of-summer evaluations of staff
- Help facilitate staff training during orientation which will include sessions on staff expectations, regulations, camper behavior management, etc.
- Assist Unit leaders and counselors in managing camper behavior
- When necessary, utilize support from the Camp Director & Care Team to help in managing camper behaviors and situations
- In partnership with the Health Center, manage camper medications and basic first aid when necessary
- Communicate daily with camp families providing pertinent information on daily trips and expectations
- Respond in a timely fashion to parent questions and concerns
- Ensure the safety and well-being of all participants during trips and activities
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Proven experience in implementing trips for youth
- Experience as a Unit Leader or similar role at a summer camp a plus
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Creativity and the ability to develop innovative and engaging program experiences
- Enthusiasm for working with youth and creating meaningful travel experiences
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] or apply at https://jccmetrowest.org/programs/camps/cdr/work-at-camp/#overview.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 143 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural and fitness programs. Here at the J, we take every precaution to keep our community safe and healthy, as well as warm, inclusive, and welcoming.