Camp Transportation Coordinator and Office Administrator
Transportation Coordinator and Office Administrator
This position is for a very detailed orientated person as he/she is responsible for the safe and timely transportation of all campers to and from our campgrounds in Flanders, NJ, daily. The Transportation Coordinator plays a vital role in the success of camp as our busses are a daily connection to our families. This position requires work before the start of the official camp season as well as a regular presence at camp.
April – June
Planning and Logistics – Pre-season April – June
- Assigns all campers to routes before the start of the season
- Creates turn-by-turn route sheets for each route for bus counselors and bus company in advance of bus counselor orientation
- With the assistance of the director, organize and facilitate Bus Counselor training, reviewing policies and procedures with staff
- Organize and carry out dry runs by bus drivers and bus counselors before 1st day of camp. (Typically two weeks before the first day of camp, on a Sunday)
- Attends all pre-camp meetings and orientations.
- Oversees supply orders and creation of supply boxes and information binders for each bus
- Create before care and aftercare lists
- Together with Nurse communicates allergy and medical information to bus counselors
- Arranges parking for buses at Mount Olive High School during the day
- Together with the Leadership team, arrange buses for day and overnight trips.
June – August
In-Season Responsibilities – Transportation
- Primary contact with Transportation Providers.
- Receive daily absence information from parents and communicates this info to the bus counselors daily
- Receive daily check-in and check-out calls with bus counselors when they have boarded the bus and when the last camper has exited.
- Communicate daily changes to Camp Leadership and bus counselors
- Communicate Bus Counselor changes to Transportation Providers
- Update routes weekly to account for new campers and those who are no longer attending camp.
- Supervise assigned staff (other than bus counselors) during bus arrival and departure ensuring the safe arrival and departure of vehicles and notes are communicated and adhered to
- Responsible for carrying out bus safety drills, one per session
- Responsible for finding substitute bus counselors as needed
- Handle all transportation-related parent concerns
- Work cooperatively with Camp Director and Unit Heads to assist with trip preparations
- Lead daily bus counselor meetings and communicate all changes and updates.
- Maintain a good working relationship with bus drivers, camp bus counselors, other camp staff, and Transportation Company.
- Communicate any changes, delays or updates of arrival, departure or bus changes to transportation provider, parents and camp leadership
- Meets with Camp Director to evaluate the season and give suggestions for next season.
- Other appropriate tasks, as needed by the camp director.
- Ability being work daily at 7am in the camp office
In-Season Responsibilities – Office Admin
- Assist with office daily office tasks such as making copies, printing reports, cutting, printing labels, and selling items from the camp store as needed
- Assist with answering phone calls, taking messages and informing the leadership team of any parent calls
- Assist with end of season clean up and shutdown.
- Skilled in the use of computer programs and the ability to learn new programs as needed to run camp
- Assist in other office-related tasks as needed
Tasks Related to the Jewish Purposes and Goals of JCC MetroWest
- Demonstrate, articulate and communicate an understanding of the Jewish goals and purposes of JCC MetroWest
- Work with the management and program staff teams to explore opportunities for infusion of Jewish content in programs and services
- Implement programs that reflect JCC MetroWest’s commitment to pluralism in Judaism
General Tasks of All CDR Staff
- Participate in staff meetings and training seminars, as assigned
- Participate in agency-wide programs and program committees, as assigned
- Support the mission of CDR and JCC MetroWest