Transitional-Kindergarten Assistant Teacher, Full Time
The Early Childhood Department at the JCC MetroWest in West Orange, NJ is searching for a full-time assistant teacher for our transitional kindergarten class. We have an impressive facility, supportive community, and a teamwork-oriented staff. This position is an opportunity to grow as an early childhood professional through ongoing professional development and with supportive leadership. We take seriously your professionalism and expertise in child development and child-centered best practices.
- Support the lead teacher in facilitating a consistent routine and classroom management using a supportive, positive redirection approach
- Collaborate with the lead teacher in developing an emergent, cross-disciplinary curriculum driven by student interests and curiosity
- Collaborating with assistant teachers and colleagues across your age group, within a cooperative and growth-oriented atmosphere
- The ideal candidates will understand developmental milestones, be nurturing, patient, reliable, and joyful. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with both children and co-workers.
- Relevant experience required.
- CDA or Bachelors’ degree or relevant coursework in education and early childhood development preferred.
- Salaries are commensurate with credentials.
- Full time staff enjoy generous benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, PTO, discounts at the school, free gym membership, and professional development
- All employees of JCC MetroWest are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Qualified candidates should email their cover letter and resume to the attention of Director Leslie Fleischman, [email protected]
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.