Summer Camp Maintenance Supervisor (Year-Round Position)
To maintain the buildings and grounds of Day Camp located in Flanders, NJ in an effort to keep all facilities in good working order. Work with camp director to identify and oversee projects at camp year-round. During the off-season when there are no projects/maintenance to be performed at the Camp, the successful candidate will be part of the Facilities Team at the JCC MetroWest campus in West Orange, NJ.
Oversee Camp Deeny Riback property year-round including all projects and day-to-day upkeep of the property. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ability to identify areas of camp buildings or property that need repair and create an action plan to present to camp director for approval
- Work with outside contractors, plumbers, and others as needed
- Ability to repair or replace faucets, sinks, toilets, tiles, floors, and ceiling as well as paint and repair walls and do light construction
- Ability to move and lift folding tables that would be needed in setups
- Knowledge of lawn maintenance including the ability to operate a riding mower; lawns must be mowed after hours when campers are not on property during camp season
Daily responsibilities when campers are on property are:
- Fill and refill water jugs throughout the day
- Remove trash from bins and replace them with new bags
- Assist in lunchroom set up and clean up after lunch
- Respond to maintenance calls from camp staff in a timely fashion and check logbook daily for any maintenance request
- Be responsible for the equipment and supplies that are assigned to you
- Supervision of at least one other camp maintenance worker
- ENSURE THAT NAILS, TOOLS, PAINT, OR ANY HAZARDOUS MATERIALS ARE NOT LEFT IN REACH OF CAMPERS. SAFETY MUST BE YOUR FIRST CONCERN.
- Constantly check all Camp facilities to ensure there are no safety or health hazards. Share on-duty responsibilities with other maintenance staff as scheduled.
- Uphold and ensure the implementations of all Camp policies, procedures, rules, and regulations. Perform all other functions as requested by the Camp Administration.
AS PART OF THE FACILITIES TEAM AT JCC METROWEST DURING CAMP OFF-SEASON, RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Open and close building as needed
- Complete repair work orders
- Respond to radio calls
- Occasionally help with office moves
- Set up and break down room reservations
- Change batteries, empty playground trash, replace light bulbs, fill water bottles, replace broken light switches, replace leaking flushometers or drains
- Light painting as needed
- Building and grounds maintenance experience; supervisory experience preferred
- Must provide own transportation to work as well as the ability to drive to purchase supplies as needed.
- Must be over 18 years of age.
Dates and Hours:
May – June, Monday – Friday* 9am – 5pm
*May require additional weekend work in June depending on the needs of the camp.
End of June – August, 8am – 5pm*
*May require a shift in hours to accommodate for lawn maintenance when campers are not on property.
September – April
40 hours per week; schedule TBD
Please contact Enzo Matarazzo at [email protected]