Preschool Lead Teacher, Full-time
The Early Childhood Department at the JCC MetroWest in West Orange, NJ is searching for a full-time lead teacher. We have an impressive facility, supportive community, and a teamwork-oriented staff. This position is an opportunity to grow as an early childhood professional through ongoing professional development and with supportive leadership. We take seriously your professionalism and expertise in child development and child-centered best practices.
- Cooperating with a teaching partner on planning and maintaining a consistent routine and classroom management using a supportive, positive redirection approach
- Co-developing an emergent, cross-disciplinary curriculum driven by student interests and curiosity
- Collaborating with colleagues across your classroom’s age group within a cooperative and growth-oriented atmosphere
The ideal candidates will understand developmental milestones, be nurturing, patient, reliable, and joyful. Knowledge of Reggio-Emilia and a constructivist approach is a plus. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with both parents and co-workers.
- Relevant experience and Bachelor’s degree are required.
- Master’s in Early Childhood preferred.
- Salaries are commensurate with credentials.
- All employees of JCC MetroWest are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Qualified candidates should email your cover letter and resume to the attention of Director Leslie Fleischman, [email protected].
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 142 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural, and fitness programs. Here at the J, we take every precaution to keep our community safe and healthy, as well as warm, inclusive, and welcoming.