Part-Time Nature/Garden Educator
The Early Childhood Department at the JCC MetroWest in West Orange, NJ is searching for a part-time Nature/Garden Educator to work approximately 11 hours per week over 2 or 3 days.
We have an impressive facility, supportive community, and a teamwork-oriented staff. This position is an opportunity to grow as an early childhood professional through on-going professional development and with supportive leadership. We take seriously your professionalism and expertise in child development and child-centered best practices.
- Working with children between 2 and 5 years of age to inspire them to learn about and cultivate their natural environment in our Early Childhood Center garden and outdoor spaces.
- Planning and implementing age-appropriate curriculum.
- Collaborating with teaching staff and colleagues within a cooperative and growth-oriented atmosphere.
- The ideal candidates will be nurturing, patient, reliable, and joyful. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with both children and co-workers.
- Relevant experience required
- Familiarity with inquiry-based and play-based nature education a plus
- All employees of JCC MetroWest are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
COMPENSATION: $35 per hour
Qualified candidates should email your cover letter and resume to the attention of Early Childhood Center Director Leslie Fleischman at [email protected].
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 142 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural and fitness programs. Here at the J, we take every precaution to keep our community safe and healthy, as well as warm, inclusive, and welcoming.