Memory Center Group Recreation Worker
The Group Recreation Worker is a primary member of the team responsible for the caring, wellbeing, and safety of the participants. He/she reports to the Littman Center, Director.
The Center is open on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 10 AM to 3 PM.
This is an 18 hour per week position.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest, and positive feelings
- Provide supervision of participants to ensure their safety
- Encourage participants to socialize and communicate with others
- Plan and implement activities
- Facilitate group discussions
- Communicate with family members when necessary
- Report any irregularities and unsafe/hazardous conditions to the Director
- Performs administrative duties and activities as assigned
- Receive and follow assignments or instructions as outlined by the Director
- Experience working with senior adult population with memory impairment — preferred
- Bachelors of Social work, Therapeutic Recreation or related field – preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is essential
Qualified candidates should email a cover letter and resume to the attention of Joanne Bramnick, Director, Center for Adult Enrichment, at [email protected]
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.