Lead Transitional Kindergarten Teacher
The Early Childhood Department at the JCC MetroWest in West Orange, NJ is searching for a full-time lead transitional kindergarten teacher. We have an impressive facility, supportive community, and a teamwork-oriented staff. This position is an opportunity to grow as an early childhood professional through ongoing professional development and with supportive leadership. We take seriously your professionalism and expertise in child development and child-centered best practices.
- Planning and maintaining a consistent routine and classroom management using a supportive, positive redirection approach
- Developing an emergent, cross-disciplinary curriculum driven by student interests and curiosity
- Maintain a project-based thread incorporating kindergarten-readiness skills and student passions
- Collaborating with an assistant teacher and colleagues across your age group, within a cooperative and growth-oriented atmosphere
The ideal candidates will understand developmental milestones, be nurturing, patient, reliable, and joyful. Knowledge of Reggio-Emilia and a constructivist approach is a plus. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with both parents and co-workers.
- Relevant experience and Bachelor’s degree are required.
- Masters’ in Early Childhood preferred.
- Salaries are commensurate with credentials.
- Full-time staff enjoy generous benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, PTO, discounts at the school, free gym membership, and professional development.
Qualified candidates should email their cover letter and resume to the attention of Director Leslie Fleischman, [email protected].
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.