Kids Club Program Group Leader
The J’s new Kids Club program will offer adult supervision for children enrolled in local hybrid programs when they are not in school, helping to oversee remote learning. In addition, there will be a well-rounded curriculum including opportunities for socialization, physical activity, and a variety of enrichment classes. Each group will consist of 10-12 of the same children each day with dedicated staff.
The ideal candidate will need to be able to assist with daily virtual learning assignments covering all elementary-age subjects, manage student’s virtual school schedules, keep children on task and engaged, provide educational assistance and progress reports to parents in writing and facilitate a variety of activities which may include by not be limited to arts and crafts, gym sports, cooking, drama, dance, and other playful child activities.
This position requires energy, attention to detail, creativity, professionalism, and eagerness to work with others towards the common goal of creating an outstanding program. The safety of the children is the number one priority.
Salary commensurate with experience
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Meet physical, social and emotional needs of the children assigned to your group
- Lead virtual learning and enrichment activities required by the schools
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to different activity changes with short notice
- Follow instructions and Kids Club curriculum
- Responsible for check-in/out procedure of children
- Keep track of where every child in the group is at all times
- Adhere to all Kids Club and JCC policies and procedures
- Able to help multiple children with their assignments while keeping the room quiet and organized
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- Associates Degree in related field
- Prior experience working with children ages 5 – 10
- Certified in CPR/First Aid; preferred
- Must be reliable, report to work on-time, and meet established deadlines
- Loves working with children and responding to their emergent needs and inquiries
- Must be flexible- able to work in a team and communicate effectively with colleagues
- Proficiency in all elementary school subjects
- Must pass JCC/NJ State background check
Please contact Sharon Gordon [email protected] to inquire about this position.