Kid Care Manager
JCC MetroWest in West Orange, NJ has been serving the Jewish and broader community for over 140 years. Our center, which has programming for 3 month-olds to 103 year-olds, has been a pillar of the community for generations. The J provides preschool, summer camp, health and fitness, aquatics, senior adult programming, programming for those with special needs, theater, arts and so much more.
Looking for more than just a paycheck? Working at the JCC is the perfect opportunity if you love people, are interested in new challenges and working in a variety of industries and want to give back to the community.
The Kid Care Manager overseas all aspects of JCC Metrowest’s on site babysitting service including supervision, staffing and direct service. Primary hours are 8am to 2pm Sunday through Thursday. Minimum 1 year in childcare experience is a must.
· Actively supervise children in Kid Care
· Greet parents enthusiastically and communicate appropriate information
· Hire, train and supervise staff including scheduling and payroll
· Maintain safe, clean and attractive environment
· Maintain equipment inventory and notify facilities director of equipment replacement or repair needs
· Ultimately responsible that Kid Care is staffed as needed including maintaining list of substitute workers. Kid Care must be staffed 7 days a week 8am to 2pm including most holidays.
· Provide children with interactive games, arts and crafts etc. while keeping them safe in a secure environment.
· Work professionally and with a positive attitude in a high pressure, fast paced environment
· Be highly organized with strong attention to detail and follow-up
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability to prioritize and be flexible
· Creative problem solver
· Certified in first aid and CPR (will train and certify)
· Ability to change work schedule as needed for the program
· Supervisory experience preferred
· Must demonstrate the aptitude and willingness to be a visible and active team player
Kids Club is a place that was designed for kids. There may be many times when you will be getting up and down off of the floor. The chairs are low and at a low table designed for kids. The toys and play surfaces must be disinfected daily.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may regularly be on their feet and/or moving for majority of the shift. This required the employee to be able to lift a maximum 40lbs. The salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience.
Please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]