Infant & Toddler Educator
The Early Childhood Department at the JCC MetroWest in West Orange, NJ is searching for a full-time infant/toddler educator. We have an impressive facility, supportive community, and a teamwork-oriented staff. This position is an opportunity to grow as an early childhood professional through ongoing professional development and with supportive leadership. We take seriously your professionalism and expertise in child development and child-centered best practices.
- Developing an emergent, cross-disciplinary curriculum driven by student interests and curiosity.
- Planning and maintaining a consistent routine and classroom management using a supportive, positive redirection approach.
- Collaborating with an assistant teacher and colleagues across your age group, within a cooperative and growth-oriented atmosphere.
The ideal candidates will understand developmental milestones, be nurturing, patient, reliable, and joyful. Knowledge of Reggio-Emilia and a constructivist approach is a plus. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with both parents and co-workers.
- Relevant experience and CDA are required.
- Bachelors preferred.
- Salaries are commensurate with credentials.
- Full-time staff enjoy generous benefits, PTO, discounts at the school, free gym membership, and professional development.
Qualified candidates should email your cover letter and resume to the attention of Director Leslie Fleischman, [email protected].
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 142 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural, and fitness programs. Here at the J, we take every precaution to keep our community safe and healthy, as well as warm, inclusive, and welcoming.