Head Swim Team Coach, Part-time
The Aquatics Department at JCC MetroWest in West Orange, NJ is searching for a part-time Head Swim Team Coach. Reporting to the Aquatics Manager, the Head Swim Team Coach is responsible for providing a fun, safe, and positive swimming environment for the Metro Marlins Swim Team. The Head Coach plans and executes a successful swim season while encouraging improvement within the various ages and ability levels and always maintains the highest safety standards. The Head Coach is expected to be fully involved in other duties and activities as part of the aquatics staffing team.
- Establish and maintain high safety standards in the pool area.
- Plan and deliver fun, quality practice sessions appropriate to the ability of the children.
- Ensure all coaches are working effectively.
- Manage the logistics pertaining to those meets in which the team is participating.
- Ensure the safe and correct use of venue facilities and equipment.
- Be identifiable with Swim Team Coach shirt and athletic shorts/pants.
- Recognize and respond effectively in any emergency according to JCC policies and procedures.
- Analyze and correct hazards as applicable. Report hazards and corrective steps to maintenance and supervisor.
· Required Instructor/Coach Certifications:
- Current certification as an ASCA Level 1 or 2 Coach, OR
- Current certification as YMCA Swim Coach, OR
- USA Swimming Coaches Certification Level 1 or 2
· Required Safety Training:
- Current certification in American Red Cross Safety Training for Swim Team Coaches, OR
- Current certification in American Red Cross Lifeguarding
· Current certification as an American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor, preferred
· Current American Red Cross Lifeguard CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer and First Aid
· Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
COMPENSATION: $25 per hour
Interested applicants should submit their resume to: [email protected]
JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 142 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural and fitness programs. Here at the J, we take every precaution to keep our community safe and healthy, as well as warm, inclusive, and welcoming.