Camp Deeny Riback Social Worker
Camp Deeny Riback in Flanders, NJ is seeking a Social Worker for the 2023 summer camp season.
The Camp Social Worker is responsible for monitoring the emotional wellbeing of all campers and supporting the staff in the camp community during the course of the camp session by providing guidance, counsel, and the tools needed to navigate challenges that might arise. On a daily basis, the Camp Social Worker may work with campers, staff, camp leadership and/or camper parents. The Camp Social Worker provides a safe environment where children can develop physically, emotionally and socially; ensures that staff and campers have a positive summer experience where memories of Camp Deeny Riback are created to last a lifetime; and does whatever is possible to ensure that each camper makes new friends.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Observe and interact with campers and staff to promote a positive experience at camp.
- Work one-on-one with campers who are experiencing difficulty participating in the program.
- Intervene if campers are experiencing significant behavioral challenges.
- Help campers and staff resolve conflicts appropriately.
- Consult and guide staff to monitor the overall emotional and social wellbeing of the community.
- Provide emotional support to staff as needed within reason.
- Provide assistance in mediating staff conflicts when it comes to working with campers and other staff.
- Work as a support for leadership team when managing situations with parents.
- Be available to contact parents with camp Director to address observed problem behaviors and/or campers failure to adapt to camp setting.
- Assist in communicating to parents along with camp Director regarding potential camp dismissal.
- Keep Director and appropriate supervisory staff informed of all situations and issues as they arise.
- Provide daily updates through informal conversation and formal documentation to Director and supervisory staff.
- Be proactive and keep the Camp Director informed regarding any potential issue that might question our ability to have a participant remain at camp.
- Make recommendations to the Camp Director in making sure that any necessary follow-up with families occur.
OTHER JOB DUTIES:
- Contribute to documenting any verbal and written communication as requested in Campminder.
- The Camp Social Worker generally has regular relationships with campers, staff, nurse, and parents/guardians.
- The Camp Social Worker is a full-time temporary/seasonal employee who will work Monday through Friday from June 26, 2023, through August 18, 2023, with various training dates leading up to the camp season.
- Must be licensed and certified in the State of New Jersey with any of the following: LCW, CSW, LSW, MSW, LPC, LCPC, CSWE
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant experience
To Apply: Please send cover letter and resume to [email protected] or apply at https://jccmetrowest.org/programs/camps/cdr/work-at-camp/#overview.
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical
or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 142 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural and fitness programs. Here at the J, we take every precaution to keep our community safe and healthy, as well as warm, inclusive, and welcoming.