Aquatics Deck Manager
Reporting to the Aquatics Director, the primary functions of the Aquatics Deck Manager are the daily supervision of Lifeguards and Swim Instructors and maintaining a safe aquatic environment. Additional key responsibilities include serving as the first responder in the event of an emergency at the pool or the JCC at large, daily pool deck and water maintenance, water testing, maintaining pool chemistry and water quality. Incumbents must have a flexible schedule including early morning, evening, and weekend availability.
- Responsible for serving as the supervisor of the Lifeguards and Swim Instructors in the absence of the Aquatics Director.
- Serve as the liaison with pool maintenance contractor. Maintain a log of all issues and manage/track until resolved. Independently be able to adjust chemicals and heater temperature. Assist in the hiring, training, and development of the Aquatics program staff.
- Responsible for training all Aquatics staff in emergency response and opening and closing procedures and assisting with new-hire orientations for aquatic staff.
- Substitute Lifeguard and Swim instructor as needed.
- Conduct lifeguard training and other aquatic classes as needed.
- Maintain a schedule for Aquatic Staff monthly in-service training. Assist Aquatic Director as appropriate in delivering the training.
- While on the pool deck, respond to and triage all member concerns and complaints in a timely manner.
- BS in Recreation, Physical Education, or a related field or equivalent work experience.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification.
- Current American Red Cross Lifeguard Trainer Certification or willing to obtain within 3 months of hire.
- American Red Cross WSI certification is strongly preferred.
- Position requires a strong background in Lifeguard responsibilities and procedures with a minimum of 3 years as a Lifeguard and Swim Instructor.
- Minimum of 2 years as a Deck Supervisor preferably in a multiple-pool facility.
- Excellent organizational, member engagement, staff development, administrative and communication skills.
- Has solid working knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel.
- CPO certification required or willing to obtain within 3 months of hire. • All employees of JCC MetroWest are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 142 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural, and fitness programs. Here at the J, we take every precaution to keep our community safe and healthy, as well as warm, inclusive, and welcoming.