NJJFF: The Spy Behind Home PlateJuly 10, 2020 @ 12:00 am - July 12, 2020 @ 11:30 pm
- This event has passed.
July 10, 2020 @ 12:00 am - July 12, 2020 @ 11:30 pm
NJJFF: The Spy Behind Home Plate
20th Annual New Jersey Jewish Film Festival
Live Zoom Discussion with Filmmaker Aviva Kempner – July 12 at 7:30pmPURCHASE TICKETS
Please note that when purchasing tickets during the viewing window, links will not be sent between Friday, July 10 at 8pm and Saturday, July 11 at 9:30pm in observance of Shabbat. All tickets purchased during that time will be sent links after the conclusion of Shabbat.
Director: Aviva Kempner
2019 • 101 minutes • USA / English
Award-winning filmmaker Aviva Kempner highlights the life of a little-known Jewish hero: the enigmatic Morris “Moe” Berg. He went from the streets of Newark to playing for five Major League teams during baseball’s Golden Age to his secret life spying for the OSS during World War II. Berg’s improbable story is told with rare historical footage and revealing interviews with family and notables from the worlds of history, sports, and espionage.
This film is brought to you by Deborah and Wayne Zuckerman
Community Partners Congregation Adath Shalom & Temple Beth Shalom & Temple Sholom of West Essex
VIEWING INSTRUCTIONS • Helpful Hints
WATCH THE FILM ON YOUR COMPUTER
1. Click on the link provided in your e-mail
2. If required, login to (or create) your Vimeo account
3. If required, enter the password provided in your e-mail. Note that passwords are case-sensitive and must be entered exactly. Use the copy/paste function to avoid errors.
4. If necessary, follow any additional instructions that will be provided on the email containing the link.
WATCH FILM ON YOUR TELEVISION (WITH NO SMART TV CAPABILITIES)
1. Open the film on your computer (see instructions above)
2. Use an HDMI cable to connect your computer to your television (You can purchase an HDMI cable from Amazon or Best Buy)
3. Make sure the correct input source is selected on your TV
4. Your TV will act as a second monitor for your computer, you can either mirror your computer or use your mouse to drag the Vimeo window onto the TV screen
5. View this YouTube Video for additional information
WATCH ON YOUR SMART TV OR TV WITH SMART DEVICE (USING FIRESTICK, ROKU, ETC.)
1. Make sure your TV is on the same wifi as your phone or tablet
2. On your phone or tablet download the FREE Vimeo app from your app store and create an account