NJJFF: The Rabbi Goes WestAugust 2 @ 12:00 am - August 4 @ 11:30 pm
- This event has passed.
August 2 @ 12:00 am - August 4 @ 11:30 pm
NJJFF: The Rabbi Goes West
20th Annual New Jersey Jewish Film Festival
Live Zoom Discussion with Filmmakers Amy Geller and Gerald Peary – Aug 4 at 7:30pmPURCHASE TICKETS
Directors: Amy Geller and Gerald Peary
2019 • 73 minutes • English
Chaim Bruk, a Chabad rabbi, moves to the unlikely area of Bozeman, Montana, to bring his brand of Judaism to the American West. Part of his mission is to place a mezuzah on the doorpost of every Jewish home in the state — fewer than 2,000 families. In his travels, Chaim confronts a neo-Nazi threat and resistance to his proselytizing from some skeptical Jews and the state’s Reform and Conservative rabbis. They acknowledge he is beloved by his congregants, but fear his larger goal: to put up Chabad centers everywhere in Montana.
This film is brought to you by Stuart Kerievsky & Susan and Richard Kogan
VIEWING INSTRUCTIONS • Helpful Hints
WATCH THE FILM ON YOUR COMPUTER
1. Click on the link provided in your e-mail
2. If required, login to (or create) your Vimeo account
3. If required, enter the password provided in your e-mail. Note that passwords are case-sensitive and must be entered exactly. Use the copy/paste function to avoid errors.
4. If necessary, follow any additional instructions that will be provided on the email containing the link.
WATCH FILM ON YOUR TELEVISION (WITH NO SMART TV CAPABILITIES)
1. Open the film on your computer (see instructions above)
2. Use an HDMI cable to connect your computer to your television (You can purchase an HDMI cable from Amazon or Best Buy)
3. Make sure the correct input source is selected on your TV
4. Your TV will act as a second monitor for your computer, you can either mirror your computer or use your mouse to drag the Vimeo window onto the TV screen
5. View this YouTube Video for additional information
WATCH ON YOUR SMART TV OR TV WITH SMART DEVICE (USING FIRESTICK, ROKU, ETC.)
1. Make sure your TV is on the same wifi as your phone or tablet
2. On your phone or tablet download the FREE Vimeo app from your app store and create an account