NJJFF: The Man in the BasementMarch 27 - April 3
- This event has passed.
March 27 - April 3
NJJFF: The Man in the Basement
STREAMING: March 27 – April 3
Community Conversation on Antisemitism
WED, MAR 30 @ 7PM
The Man in the Basement
Director: Philippe Le Guay
2021, 114 minutes
France / French
In this taut psychological thriller, a benign real estate deal becomes a sinister standoff between a bourgeois French couple and a dangerous negationist. A Parisian architect sells his flat’s unused cellar to a former history teacher, well-mannered and seemingly normal. But when he takes up residence, the stranger’s secret life as an anti-Semitic conspiracy theorist emerges. As the couple struggles to rescind the sale, the increasingly menacing buyer insinuates himself with their naive teenage daughter, turning the family’s idyllic world upside down. Provocative and superbly acted, this nightmare scenario based on a true story will keep audiences guessing from one unsettling moment to the next.
This film is brought to you by:
Sara-Ann and Robert Sanders
FREE for NJJFF Sponsors
- Films are not rated. Parental discretion is strongly advised.
- Films may contain sexual content, explicit language and/or violence.
- All foreign films have subtitles.
- Each film will be available for purchase until 8 PM on the last day shown.
- New Jersey viewing region only.
HOW TO VIEW VIRTUALLY:
Most films will be screened virtually
on the Elevent platform.
- Download Elevent application to your Roku or Apple TV
- Watch with Chromecast or Airplay OR
- Stream films directly on your computer
More information and detailed directions can be found at jccmetrowest.org/njjff.
Maurice Levin Theater
760 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, New Jersey