NJJFF Spotlight: SHTTLMarch 18 @ 8:30 pm
- This event has passed.
March 18 @ 8:30 pm
NJJFF Spotlight: SHTTL
IN-PERSON: Saturday, March 18 • 8:30 PM
All ticket proceeds will support Ukrainian refugee services at JCC Krakow.
Director: Ady Walter
2022, 114 minutes
All ticket sale proceeds from this screening will be donated to support the Jewish community of Ukraine.
A young man returns from Kyiv to his rural shtetl to settle old feuds and reunite with the love of his life, who is betrothed to the rabbi’s successor. This single-take film (like Sam Mendes’ 1917), shot in expressionistic black and white, captures a day in the life of a Jewish village in 1941 on the eve of its eradication. The Yiddish-speaking cast (including Moshe Lobel, from Broadway’s Fiddler on the Roof in Yiddish, and Saul Rubinek) brings a vanished world back to vibrant life, discussing, debating, and fighting over questions of Jewish tradition and modernity that feel contemporary in their urgency.
This film is brought to you by: Deborah & Wayne Zuckerman
Festival programs are subject to change/cancellation. Please check our schedule at jccmetrowest.org/njjff for the most up-to-date information.
- Regular festival films – $15/ticket
- Special event films – $18/ticket (noted in schedule)
- FREE for NJJFF Sponsors and All-Access Pass holders
Advance registration preferred. Limited tickets sold at the door. No refunds or exchanges.
- Films are not rated and may contain violence, sexual content, and/or explicit language. Parental discretion is advised.
- All films with dialogue in a language other than English are presented with English subtitles.
HOW TO VIEW VIRTUALLY:
- Available films and their regions of availability are noted in the schedule
- Virtual films will be available on the Elevent platform and priced at $18/view.
- Download Elevent application to your Roku, Amazon Fire, or Apple TV
- Watch with Chromecast or Airplay OR
- Stream films directly on your computer
More information and detailed directions can be found at jccmetrowest.org/njjff.
Maurice Levin Theater
760 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, New Jersey
Sponsor seating will begin 30 minutes prior to all screenings. General admission ticket holders will be admitted 20 minutes prior to all screenings. In the event of a sell-out, a waiting list will be created.