NJJFF: Shorts ProgramMarch 17 @ 11:00 am
- This event has passed.
March 17 @ 11:00 am
NJJFF: Shorts Program
IN-PERSON: Friday, March 17 • 11 AM
After the program, join our filmmaker guests in the theater lobby for coffee and desserts!
Israel, Rinat Mazuz, 13 mins
A mother and daughter work through their grief while searching a junkyard for a missing car.
A Feminist Lens: The Art and Activism of Photographer Joan Roth
USA, Pamela French, 28 mins
This documentary celebrates Joan Roth, whose photographs illuminate the lives of unhoused women in New York City, Jewish women around the world, and contemporary human rights activists.
Israel, Avital Simckes, 29 mins
In British Palestine in 1946, a commander in the Jewish underground must confront his past in Europe when a long-lost acquaintance joins his unit.
Israel Ruchama Ehrenhalt, 10 mins
Biracial children in Israel discuss how their skin color influences the development of their identities.
Dinking Across Faith: A Cross-Cultural Israeli Pickleball Adventure
Israel, Golan Ben-Chorin, 25 mins
A multi-faith Pickleball league in Haifa creates opportunities for dialogue and friendship.
USA, Danielle Durchslag, 4 mins
An elementary school class performs a new take on the song from Fiddler on the Roof.
This film is brought to you by:
Festival programs are subject to change/cancellation. Please check our schedule at jccmetrowest.org/njjff for the most up-to-date information.
- Regular festival films – $15/ticket
- Special event films – $18/ticket (noted in schedule)
- FREE for NJJFF Sponsors and All-Access Pass holders
Advance registration preferred. Limited tickets sold at the door. No refunds or exchanges.
- Films are not rated and may contain violence, sexual content, and/or explicit language. Parental discretion is advised.
- All films with dialogue in a language other than English are presented with English subtitles.
HOW TO VIEW VIRTUALLY:
- Available films and their regions of availability are noted in the schedule
- Virtual films will be available on the Elevent platform and priced at $18/view.
- Download Elevent application to your Roku, Amazon Fire, or Apple TV
- Watch with Chromecast or Airplay OR
- Stream films directly on your computer
More information and detailed directions can be found at jccmetrowest.org/njjff.
Maurice Levin Theater
760 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, New Jersey
Sponsor seating will begin 30 minutes prior to all screenings. General admission ticket holders will be admitted 20 minutes prior to all screenings. In the event of a sell-out, a waiting list will be created.