NJJFF: Schocken: A Self-Made ManApril 3 - April 10
- This event has passed.
April 3 - April 10
NJJFF: Schocken: A Self-Made Man
STREAMING: April 3 – 10
Schocken: A Self-Made Man
Director: Noemi Schory
2021, 80 minutes
Israel / German, Hebrew, English
Salman Schocken was the “king of department stores” in prewar Germany, with 22 stores and 6,000 employees. After the Nazis’ rise to power and the loss of his citizenship and business empire, Schocken immigrated to Palestine, where he founded a modern Jewish publishing house and acquired Haaretz, still among Israel’s most influential and respected newspapers. His legacy is represented in the Schocken Library in Jerusalem, which still houses his collection of 60,000 rare Jewish books.
This film is brought to you by:
FREE for NJJFF Sponsors
- Films are not rated. Parental discretion is strongly advised.
- Films may contain sexual content, explicit language and/or violence.
- All foreign films have subtitles.
- Each film will be available for purchase until 8 PM on the last day shown.
- New Jersey viewing region only.
HOW TO VIEW VIRTUALLY:
Most films will be screened virtually
on the Elevent platform.
- Download Elevent application to your Roku or Apple TV
- Watch with Chromecast or Airplay OR
- Stream films directly on your computer
More information and detailed directions can be found at jccmetrowest.org/njjff.
Maurice Levin Theater
760 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, New Jersey