NJJFF: Queen ShoshanaMarch 27 - April 3
- This event has passed.
March 27 - April 3
NJJFF: Queen Shoshana
STREAMING: March 27 – April 3
Directors: Kobi Farag, Morris Ben Mayor
2021, 110 minutes
A captivating portrait of Yemeni-born singer and actress Shoshana Damari, a larger-than-life but intensely private Israeli musical icon, Having immigrated to Palestine in the 1920s, Damari performed as a teen on radio and in concert. With a voice that fused Eastern and Western aesthetics, Damari was dubbed the Queen of Hebrew Music. She appeared to great acclaim on international stages, but her travels took a toll on family life.
This film is brought to you by:
Myrna and Lenny Comerchero
FREE for NJJFF Sponsors
- Films are not rated. Parental discretion is strongly advised.
- Films may contain sexual content, explicit language and/or violence.
- All foreign films have subtitles.
- Each film will be available for purchase until 8 PM on the last day shown.
- New Jersey viewing region only.
HOW TO VIEW VIRTUALLY:
Most films will be screened virtually
on the Elevent platform.
- Download Elevent application to your Roku or Apple TV
- Watch with Chromecast or Airplay OR
- Stream films directly on your computer
More information and detailed directions can be found at jccmetrowest.org/njjff.
Maurice Levin Theater
760 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, New Jersey