NJJFF: Promised LandsMarch 20, 2022 - March 26, 2022
- This event has passed.
March 20, 2022 - March 26, 2022
NJJFF: Promised Lands
STREAMING: March 20 – 26
PRECEDED BY SHORT
Director: Yael Reuveny
2021, 84 minutes
Thirty-two children from an Israeli school class pose for a photo in 1988. When they part ways they have been shaped by experiences of war and yet remain full of hope for peace. Yael Reuveny is the only one to leave Israel and today lives and works as a filmmaker in Berlin. In Super 8 shots of a peaceful childhood and in pertinent short portraits of her classmates from the time, she explores her relationship towards the founding generations of Israel and thus reflects on her own concept of self.
This film is brought to you by:
Deborah and Wayne Zuckerman
FREE for NJJFF Sponsors
- Films are not rated. Parental discretion is strongly advised.
- Films may contain sexual content, explicit language and/or violence.
- All foreign films have subtitles.
- Each film will be available for purchase until 8 PM on the last day shown.
- New Jersey viewing region only.
HOW TO VIEW VIRTUALLY:
Most films will be screened virtually
on the Elevent platform.
- Download Elevent application to your Roku or Apple TV
- Watch with Chromecast or Airplay OR
- Stream films directly on your computer
More information and detailed directions can be found at jccmetrowest.org/njjff.
Maurice Levin Theater
760 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, New Jersey