NJJFF Opening Film! Only in TheatersMarch 12 @ 3:00 pm
- This event has passed.
March 12 @ 3:00 pm
NJJFF Opening Film! Only in Theaters
Join us in whatever outfit gets you in a red-carpet mood to celebrate the Opening of the New Jersey Jewish Film Festival, Oscar Night, and a return to communal film viewing!
IN-PERSON: Sunday, March 12 • 3 PM
Director: Raphael Sbarge
2022, 94 minutes
Over four generations, the Laemmles—a close-knit Jewish-American family—have dedicated themselves to supporting, innovating, and elevating the art of filmmaking. Responsible for bringing foreign film to Los Angeles – along with independent films, documentaries, and their filmmakers – the Laemmle Theatres’ impact on Hollywood and world cinema cannot be overstated. Today, in a world of conglomeration and streaming, as well as pandemic closures, the Laemmle circuit of beloved theaters faces unprecedented challenges. This documentary, filmed with close access to the Laemmles over a dramatic two years, is a love letter to cinema and the moviegoing experience.
(Dressing up for this event is optional, but it would be more fun if you did!)
This film is brought to you by: Caren & Herbert Ford
Festival programs are subject to change/cancellation. Please check our schedule at jccmetrowest.org/njjff for the most up-to-date information.
- Regular festival films – $15/ticket
- Special event films – $18/ticket (noted in schedule)
- FREE for NJJFF Sponsors and All-Access Pass holders
Advance registration preferred. Limited tickets sold at the door. No refunds or exchanges.
- Films are not rated and may contain violence, sexual content, and/or explicit language. Parental discretion is advised.
- All films with dialogue in a language other than English are presented with English subtitles.
HOW TO VIEW VIRTUALLY:
- Available films and their regions of availability are noted in the schedule
- Virtual films will be available on the Elevent platform and priced at $18/view.
- Download Elevent application to your Roku, Amazon Fire, or Apple TV
- Watch with Chromecast or Airplay OR
- Stream films directly on your computer
More information and detailed directions can be found at jccmetrowest.org/njjff.
Maurice Levin Theater
760 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, New Jersey
Sponsor seating will begin 30 minutes prior to all screenings. General admission ticket holders will be admitted 20 minutes prior to all screenings. In the event of a sell-out, a waiting list will be created.