NJJFF: Nelsons Last StandMarch 13 @ 11:00 am
- This event has passed.
March 13 @ 11:00 am
NJJFF: Nelsons Last Stand
IN-PERSON: Monday, March 13 • 11 AM
Virtual Streaming Available: March 13 – 17
Director: Avi Maor-Marzuk
2021, 81 minutes
When Israel gained control of the Sinai in the 1967 Six-Day War, vacationers and adventurers came in droves. Few were as committed as Rafi Nelson, an eccentric, bearded bohemian who set up a beach resort village in Taba that flourished in the 1970s as an anything-goes getaway for the wealthy, the famous, and quite a few Members of the Knesset (Israel’s Parliament). The 1978 Camp David Accords signaled a new era of peace between Israel and Egypt, but for Rafi Nelson, they marked the beginning of a decades-long campaign to keep his beach village and the surrounding area inside Israel’s borders. This documentary is a fascinating exploration of a little-known piece of Israeli history, with abundant archival footage to bring us back to the freewheeling – and frequently strange – 1970s.
This film is brought to you by:
Festival programs are subject to change/cancellation. Please check our schedule at jccmetrowest.org/njjff for the most up-to-date information.
- Regular festival films – $15/ticket
- Special event films – $18/ticket (noted in schedule)
- FREE for NJJFF Sponsors and All-Access Pass holders
Advance registration preferred. Limited tickets sold at the door. No refunds or exchanges.
- Films are not rated and may contain violence, sexual content, and/or explicit language. Parental discretion is advised.
- All films with dialogue in a language other than English are presented with English subtitles.
HOW TO VIEW VIRTUALLY:
- Available films and their regions of availability are noted in the schedule
- Virtual films will be available on the Elevent platform and priced at $18/view.
- Download Elevent application to your Roku, Amazon Fire, or Apple TV
- Watch with Chromecast or Airplay OR
- Stream films directly on your computer
More information and detailed directions can be found at jccmetrowest.org/njjff.
Maurice Levin Theater
760 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, New Jersey
Sponsor seating will begin 30 minutes prior to all screenings. General admission ticket holders will be admitted 20 minutes prior to all screenings. In the event of a sell-out, a waiting list will be created.