NJJFF Legends: Mel Brooks: Disobedient Jew & Young FrankensteinMarch 19 @ 12:00 pm
- This event has passed.
March 19 @ 12:00 pm
NJJFF Legends: Mel Brooks: Disobedient Jew & Young Frankenstein
IN-PERSON: Sunday, March 19 • Noon
Pre-show bagels and coffee at 11:15 AM
Books will be available for sale and signing for $20 per copy ($26 retail).
Director: Mel Brooks
1974, 106 minutes
Walk this way to our first NJJFF Legends event, a tribute to Mel Brooks: a giant of American comedy, an EGOT, and Anne Bancroft’s husband. Jeremy Dauber, the Atran Professor of Yiddish Language, Literature, and Culture at Columbia University and the author of books about Sholom Aleichem, Jewish Humor, and the history of American Comics, brings his new biography, Mel Brooks: Disobedient Jew (from the Jewish Lives series), to JCC MetroWest with a screening of Brooks’s timeless parody, Young Frankenstein. Prof. Dauber will offer commentary on this “surprisingly Jewish” film and Brooks’s legendary life in comedy. Copies of Mel Brooks: Disobedient Jew will be available for sale and signing.
This film is brought to you by: Geri Schaeffer
Festival programs are subject to change/cancellation. Please check our schedule at jccmetrowest.org/njjff for the most up-to-date information.
- Regular festival films – $15/ticket
- Special event films – $18/ticket (noted in schedule)
- FREE for NJJFF Sponsors and All-Access Pass holders
Advance registration preferred. Limited tickets sold at the door. No refunds or exchanges.
- Films are not rated and may contain violence, sexual content, and/or explicit language. Parental discretion is advised.
- All films with dialogue in a language other than English are presented with English subtitles.
HOW TO VIEW VIRTUALLY:
- Available films and their regions of availability are noted in the schedule
- Virtual films will be available on the Elevent platform and priced at $18/view.
- Download Elevent application to your Roku, Amazon Fire, or Apple TV
- Watch with Chromecast or Airplay OR
- Stream films directly on your computer
More information and detailed directions can be found at jccmetrowest.org/njjff.
Maurice Levin Theater
760 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, New Jersey
Sponsor seating will begin 30 minutes prior to all screenings. General admission ticket holders will be admitted 20 minutes prior to all screenings. In the event of a sell-out, a waiting list will be created.