- This event has passed.
March 27 - April 3
NJJFF: Let It Be Morning
IN-PERSON: Sunday, March 27 • 2 PM
STREAMING: March 27 – April 2
Let It Be Morning
Director: Eran Kolirin
2021, 101 minutes
Israel, France / Hebrew
This gently satirical tale centers on Sami, an executive who has traveled to his remote Arab hometown with his wife and son for his brother’s wedding. Barely able to conceal his condescension for his former friends, Sami is eager to return to his business (and mistress) in Jerusalem. But the Israeli military imposes a lockdown and has forbidden anyone from leaving. The situation exposes frictions and disparities within the town’s Arab population, and Sami is forced to reevaluate his seemingly comfortable place in society.
Israel’s entry to the Academy Awards for BEST INTERNATIONAL FEATURE FILM and winner of seven Ophirs — including for BEST FILM and BEST DIRECTOR, Eran Kolirin (“The Band’s Visit”).
This film is brought to you by:
Sharon and Jimmy Schwarz
Larry Neher, Berkowitz Lichtstein, LLC
FREE for NJJFF Sponsors
- Films are not rated. Parental discretion is strongly advised.
- Films may contain sexual content, explicit language and/or violence.
- All foreign films have subtitles.
- Each film will be available for purchase until 8 PM on the last day shown.
- New Jersey viewing region only.
HOW TO VIEW VIRTUALLY:
Most films will be screened virtually
on the Elevent platform.
- Download Elevent application to your Roku or Apple TV
- Watch with Chromecast or Airplay OR
- Stream films directly on your computer
More information and detailed directions can be found at jccmetrowest.org/njjff.
Maurice Levin Theater
760 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, New Jersey