NJJFF: Joseph Pulitzer: Voice of the PeopleJuly 26, 2020 @ 12:00 am - July 28, 2020 @ 11:30 pm
- This event has passed.
July 26, 2020 @ 12:00 am - July 28, 2020 @ 11:30 pm
NJJFF: Joseph Pulitzer: Voice of the People
20th Annual New Jersey Jewish Film Festival
Live Zoom Discussion with Filmmaker Oren Rudavsky and Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter Michael Rothfeld – July 27 at 7:30pmPURCHASE TICKETS
Director: Oren Rudavsky • 2018 • 85 minutes • USA / English
Joseph Pulitzer, a Jewish immigrant from Hungary, was a gifted journalist before becoming a successful publisher and businessman. Famous in his own time for his outspoken and cantankerous editorial voice, visual style, and financial success, Pulitzer emerges as the country’s first media titan, championing what he regarded as the sacred role of the free press in a democracy, a commitment that resonates strongly in today’s fraught political environment.
This film is brought to you by Sue Z. Rudd & Sylvia Steiner
Community Partner Dorot of the Synagogue of the Suburban Torah Center & Temple Sinai-Renaissance Group
VIEWING INSTRUCTIONS • Helpful Hints
WATCH THE FILM ON YOUR COMPUTER
1. Click on the link provided in your e-mail
2. If required, login to (or create) your Vimeo account
3. If required, enter the password provided in your e-mail. Note that passwords are case-sensitive and must be entered exactly. Use the copy/paste function to avoid errors.
4. If necessary, follow any additional instructions that will be provided on the email containing the link.
WATCH FILM ON YOUR TELEVISION (WITH NO SMART TV CAPABILITIES)
1. Open the film on your computer (see instructions above)
2. Use an HDMI cable to connect your computer to your television (You can purchase an HDMI cable from Amazon or Best Buy)
3. Make sure the correct input source is selected on your TV
4. Your TV will act as a second monitor for your computer, you can either mirror your computer or use your mouse to drag the Vimeo window onto the TV screen
5. View this YouTube Video for additional information
WATCH ON YOUR SMART TV OR TV WITH SMART DEVICE (USING FIRESTICK, ROKU, ETC.)
1. Make sure your TV is on the same wifi as your phone or tablet
2. On your phone or tablet download the FREE Vimeo app from your app store and create an account