NJJFF: Eva’s Promise
- This event has passed.
NJJFF: Eva’s Promise
March 15, 2023 @ 1:00 pm$15
IN-PERSON: Wednesday, March 15 • 1 PM
POST-FILM: Q&A with Stephen McCarthy and Susan Kerner
Director: Steve McCarthy
2022, 60 minutes
On a train to Auschwitz, 17-year-old Heinz Geiringer told his sister Eva that he hid the paintings and poetry he created during their family’s time in hiding. Heinz made Eva promise if he should die, she would retrieve the artwork. Heinz and his father perished, but Eva and her mother survived. The Geiringers had lived near Anne Frank’s family, and after the war, Eva’s mother married Otto Frank. People the world over know Anne’s story from her famous diary; this personal documentary introduces Eva and her lifelong mission to keep alive the memory of her brother and his remarkable art.
A Q&A with the filmmakers, Stephen McCarthy and Susan Kerner, will follow the screening.
This film is brought to you by: Wilf Family Foundations
Festival programs are subject to change/cancellation. Please check our schedule at jccmetrowest.org/njjff for the most up-to-date information.
- Regular festival films – $15/ticket
- Special event films – $18/ticket (noted in schedule)
- FREE for NJJFF Sponsors and All-Access Pass holders
Advance registration preferred. Limited tickets sold at the door. No refunds or exchanges.
- Films are not rated and may contain violence, sexual content, and/or explicit language. Parental discretion is advised.
- All films with dialogue in a language other than English are presented with English subtitles.
HOW TO VIEW VIRTUALLY:
- Available films and their regions of availability are noted in the schedule
- Virtual films will be available on the Elevent platform and priced at $18/view.
- Download Elevent application to your Roku, Amazon Fire, or Apple TV
- Watch with Chromecast or Airplay OR
- Stream films directly on your computer
More information and detailed directions can be found at jccmetrowest.org/njjff.
Maurice Levin Theater
760 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, New Jersey
Sponsor seating will begin 30 minutes prior to all screenings. General admission ticket holders will be admitted 20 minutes prior to all screenings. In the event of a sell-out, a waiting list will be created.