NJJFF: The Dead of JaffaJuly 24, 2020 @ 12:00 am - July 26, 2020 @ 11:30 pm
- This event has passed.
July 24, 2020 @ 12:00 am - July 26, 2020 @ 11:30 pm
NJJFF: The Dead of Jaffa
20th Annual New Jersey Jewish Film FestivalPURCHASE TICKETS
Please note that when purchasing tickets during the viewing window, screening links will not be sent between Friday, July 24 at 7:30pm and Saturday, July 25 at 9:30pm in observance of Shabbat. All patrons purchasing tickets during that time period will be sent viewing links after the conclusion of Shabbat.
Director: Ram Loevy
2019 • 96 minutes • Israel / Arabic, English, Hebrew
Three orphaned children from the West Bank are smuggled into Israel and brought to distant relatives George and Rita in Jaffa. Rita embraces them as her own, but George fears the repercussions if the Israeli authorities discover they are sheltering the young illegal aliens. Meanwhile, nearby, a British film director is making a movie about his parents’ love affair in 1947 when they served in the British army in Palestine. When the present-day reality meets the historical events that led to it, tragedy ensues.
This film is brought to you by Ellen and Donald Legow & Lonye and Stephen Rasch
VIEWING INSTRUCTIONS • Helpful Hints
WATCH THE FILM ON YOUR COMPUTER
1. Click on the link provided in your e-mail
2. If required, login to (or create) your Vimeo account
3. If required, enter the password provided in your e-mail. Note that passwords are case-sensitive and must be entered exactly. Use the copy/paste function to avoid errors.
4. If necessary, follow any additional instructions that will be provided on the email containing the link.
WATCH FILM ON YOUR TELEVISION (WITH NO SMART TV CAPABILITIES)
1. Open the film on your computer (see instructions above)
2. Use an HDMI cable to connect your computer to your television (You can purchase an HDMI cable from Amazon or Best Buy)
3. Make sure the correct input source is selected on your TV
4. Your TV will act as a second monitor for your computer, you can either mirror your computer or use your mouse to drag the Vimeo window onto the TV screen
5. View this YouTube Video for additional information
WATCH ON YOUR SMART TV OR TV WITH SMART DEVICE (USING FIRESTICK, ROKU, ETC.)
1. Make sure your TV is on the same wifi as your phone or tablet
2. On your phone or tablet download the FREE Vimeo app from your app store and create an account