NJJFF: Cinema SabayaMarch 15 @ 7:00 pm
- This event has passed.
March 15 @ 7:00 pm
NJJFF: Cinema Sabaya
IN-PERSON: Monday, March 15 • 7 PM
POST FILM: Q&A with Orit Fouks Rotem
Virtual Streaming Available in NJ, AZ, and FL: March 16 – 21
Director: Orit Fouks Rotem
2021, 91 minutes
The winner of five Ophir Awards (Israel’s Oscars), including Best Picture, Best Director, and Best Supporting Actress, Cinema Sabaya follows a group of eight women – Jewish, Palestinian, young, elderly, middle class, working class, hetero, and queer – into a filmmaking course at their town’s community center. With assignments from their teacher (Dana Ivgy, Zero Motivation) to document their lives, these women challenge their preconceptions and break down the social, cultural, and political boundaries that divide them. This scripted feature, shot in a style that blurs the lines between narrative and documentary, was inspired by writer-director Orit Fouks Rotem’s experience teaching similar filmmaking workshops.
This film is brought to you by: Sharon & Jimmy Schwarz
Festival programs are subject to change/cancellation. Please check our schedule at jccmetrowest.org/njjff for the most up-to-date information.
- Regular festival films – $15/ticket
- Special event films – $18/ticket (noted in schedule)
- FREE for NJJFF Sponsors and All-Access Pass holders
Advance registration preferred. Limited tickets sold at the door. No refunds or exchanges.
- Films are not rated and may contain violence, sexual content, and/or explicit language. Parental discretion is advised.
- All films with dialogue in a language other than English are presented with English subtitles.
HOW TO VIEW VIRTUALLY:
- Available films and their regions of availability are noted in the schedule
- Virtual films will be available on the Elevent platform and priced at $18/view.
- Download Elevent application to your Roku, Amazon Fire, or Apple TV
- Watch with Chromecast or Airplay OR
- Stream films directly on your computer
More information and detailed directions can be found at jccmetrowest.org/njjff.
Maurice Levin Theater
760 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, New Jersey
Sponsor seating will begin 30 minutes prior to all screenings. General admission ticket holders will be admitted 20 minutes prior to all screenings. In the event of a sell-out, a waiting list will be created.