NJJFF: A Tree of Life / From Darkness to LightMarch 19 @ 4:00 pm
- This event has passed.
March 19 @ 4:00 pm
NJJFF: A Tree of Life / From Darkness to Light
IN-PERSON: Sunday, March 19 • 4 PM
Gallery tours and refreshments will begin at 3:15 PM
Director: Trish Adlesic
2022, 80 minutes
This documentary and the JCC MetroWest Gaelen Art Galleries exhibit commemorate the October 27, 2018 mass shooting inside a Pittsburgh synagogue that killed eleven people as they prayed and wounded an entire community. A Tree of Life: The Pittsburgh Synagogue Shooting is a personal documentary portrait of the survivors, victims and family members, who share their first-hand accounts of the attack and its aftermath, when diverse Pittsburgh communities united against hatred. From Darkness to Light exhibits a collection of mosaics created in tribute to the survivors and victims of the Tree of Life Synagogue as well as the larger Pittsburgh community. Both works of art have a common purpose: presenting images of resilience and hope while reminding us to never let hatred of others divide or define us. Lisa Suss, Visual Arts Manager for JCC MetroWest, will lead gallery tours before and following the documentary screening.
This film is brought to you by:
Festival programs are subject to change/cancellation. Please check our schedule at jccmetrowest.org/njjff for the most up-to-date information.
- Regular festival films – $15/ticket
- Special event films – $18/ticket (noted in schedule)
- FREE for NJJFF Sponsors and All-Access Pass holders
Advance registration preferred. Limited tickets sold at the door. No refunds or exchanges.
- Films are not rated and may contain violence, sexual content, and/or explicit language. Parental discretion is advised.
- All films with dialogue in a language other than English are presented with English subtitles.
HOW TO VIEW VIRTUALLY:
- Available films and their regions of availability are noted in the schedule
- Virtual films will be available on the Elevent platform and priced at $18/view.
- Download Elevent application to your Roku, Amazon Fire, or Apple TV
- Watch with Chromecast or Airplay OR
- Stream films directly on your computer
More information and detailed directions can be found at jccmetrowest.org/njjff.
Maurice Levin Theater
760 Northfield Avenue
West Orange, New Jersey
Sponsor seating will begin 30 minutes prior to all screenings. General admission ticket holders will be admitted 20 minutes prior to all screenings. In the event of a sell-out, a waiting list will be created.