Building A Better J
The health and safety of our members and staff is our absolute top priority. Here is what we are doing in order to provide a clean and enjoyable workout environment for our community while following the CDC guidelines.
- Children under age 12 and all JCC staff members must complete our Covid-19 health screener upon entry to the JCC.
- We have thermal camera kiosks that read everyone’s temperature upon entering the building. Anyone who has a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be admitted into our JCC building.
- Masks are always required in the public places of the JCC for everyone. If you have been fully vaccinated, wearing masks in program areas is now optional except where masks continue to be specifically required by the health authorities such as our Early Childhood Center and in JCC camp settings.
- This means that fitness, aquatics, gymnasium, track, racquetball court, locker rooms, and other program spaces do not require masks for fully vaccinated members. Those who have not been fully vaccinated are required to continue to always wear masks and practice social distancing, in all places, while in the JCC.
- We have a dedicated cleaning crew that will clean machines on the fitness floor and does nightly deep cleanings of the whole facility.
- We are using electrostatic sprayers when cleaning our fitness equipment and facilities. These sprayers put a positive charge in the disinfectant which means surfaces are enveloped by the disinfectant.
- All our equipment and facility spaces have been treated with an anti-microbial solution that neutralizes germs such as COVID on contact. Think of it as a shield that we spray on all surfaces every 30 to 60 days.
- There are hand sanitizing stations and anti-bacterial wipes located throughout the fitness center and the JCC.
- Our facility’s HVAC system has been updated with the Plasma Air system. Studies have shown that this air purification system reduces Coronavirus surrogate by 99% airborne and 80% on surfaces in 10 minutes.
- Social distancing is no longer required by the CDC if you are fully vaccinated. If you are not fully vaccinated, you are required to practice social distancing.