Building A Better J
The health and safety of our members and staff is our absolute top priority. Here is what we have done and will continue to do in order to provide a clean and enjoyable workout environment for our community.
- Everyone who enters the JCC must complete our Covid-19 health screener. View the screener here – https://jccmetrowest.org/screener.
- We have thermal camera kiosks that read everyone’s temperature upon entering the building. Anyone who has a temperature of 100.4 or higher will not be admitted into our JCC building.
- Masks are always required in the JCC. Members are only allowed to take off their mask while in the pool or if wearing one during their workout poses a personal health risk.
- We have a dedicated cleaning crew that will clean machines on the fitness floor in between uses and does nightly deep cleanings of the whole facility. · We are using electrostatic sprayers when cleaning our fitness equipment and facilities. These sprayers put a positive charge in the disinfectant which means surfaces are enveloped by the disinfectant.
- All our equipment and facility spaces have been treated with an anti-microbial solution that neutralizes germs such as COVID on contact. Think of it as a shield that we spray on all surfaces every 30 to 60 days.
- There are hand sanitizing stations and anti-bacterial wipes located throughout the fitness center and the JCC.
- Our facility’s HVAC system has been updated with the Plasma Air system. Studies have shown that this air purification system reduces Coronavirus surrogate by 99% airborne and 80% on surfaces in 10 minutes.
- All equipment and furniture have been moved 6 feet away from the nearest person and a red or green sign has been placed on all equipment signifying if it is ready for use.
- Important signage has been placed throughout the JCC intended to remind all who enter our JCC to keep safety and the health of others top of mind.
- Lastly, we have been consulting with an epidemiologist from our partner, St. Barnabas Medical Center. She has done a walkthrough of our facility, collaborated with us on our COVID-related policies, and is on call for us.
While our team is committed to creating a safe and healthy workout environment for our members, we need your help as well. Please wear a mask when coming to the J and adhere to all posted signs and policies.