The Aquatics Department at JCC MetroWest in West Orange, NJ is searching for a part-time Private Lesson Swim Instructor. Reporting to the Aquatics Manager, the incumbent will provide swim instruction and positive reinforcement for students in private 1:1 swimming classes.
· Certifications: American Red Cross CPR/AED/First Aid
· ARC Lifeguarding Certification preferred
· Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with ARC learn-to-swim program
· WSI certification, or equivalent preferred
· At least 16 years of age.
· Ability to instruct and observe participants in proper stroke techniques.
· Ability to lift equipment, and to lift a small to average size child.
· Instructs swimming lessons in accordance with ARC Learn-To-Swim curriculum having prepared lesson plans accordingly.
· Builds effective, authentic relationships with students and parents.
· Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules (swim team, lifeguard training)
· Maintains records as required (attendance, progress reports, etc.).
· Attend staff meetings and in-service training as scheduled.
· Follows all JCC policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures.
· Organizes and puts away necessary class equipment. Reports on damaged equipment.
· Must be able to work nights and weekends.
· Swim Instructor: 1 year (Preferred)
· All employees of JCC MetroWest are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19
COMPENSATION: $20 – $25 per hour
Interested applicants should submit resume to [email protected]
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. Agency Information: JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 142 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural and fitness programs. Here at the J, we take every precaution to keep our community safe and healthy, as well as warm, inclusive, and welcoming.