The Early Childhood Department at the JCC MetroWest in West Orange, NJ is searching for a part time assistant preschool teacher. We have an impressive facility, supportive community, and a teamwork-oriented staff. This position is an opportunity to grow as an early childhood professional through on-going professional development and with supportive leadership. We take seriously your professionalism and expertise in child development and child-centered best practices.
· Support the lead teacher in facilitating a consistent routine and classroom management using a supportive, positive redirection approach
· Collaborate with the lead teacher in developing an emergent, cross-disciplinary curriculum driven by student interests and curiosity
· Collaborating with assistant teachers and colleagues across your age group, within a cooperative and growth-oriented atmosphere
The ideal candidates will understand developmental milestones, be nurturing, patient, reliable and joyful. Must have the ability to communicate effectively with both children and co-workers.
· Relevant experience required.
· Bachelors’ or coursework toward an early childhood degree preferred.
· Salaries are commensurate with credentials.
Qualified candidates should email your cover letter and resume to the attention of Director Leslie Fleischman, [email protected]
All applicants for employment shall be considered without regard to race, religion, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. Agency Information: JCC MetroWest has been at the center of our community for 142 years, bringing people together while providing educational, social, cultural and fitness programs. Here at the J, we take every precaution to keep our community safe and healthy, as well as warm, inclusive, and welcoming.