Designed for expectant parents, this innovative program combines childbirth education with an exploration of the Jewish traditions and rituals connected with pregnancy, birth, and parenting. Created by JCC MetroWest in partnership with Childbirth Education at Saint Barnabas Medical Center, Jewish Baby University (JBU) is a series of six classes with an option of a seventh.
To register or gather additional information, give us a call or send a quick email and we will do the rest.
JUDAIC, PRENATAL & PARENTING EDUCATION
Session 1: Tuesdays • Oct 24–Nov 28, 2017
Session 2: Tuesdays • Feb 13–Mar 20, 2018
- Welcome to JBU— Building a Jewish Family Begins with a Vision
- Role of Partner (Coach), Anatomy and Physiology, Stages of Labor, Breathing, and Relaxation, Fears and Concerns
- The Power of Naming—Building Jewish Identity Begins with a Name
- Anesthesia/Epidural, Labor Variations/Inductions, Cesarean Birth
- Building a Jewish Home—Jewish Rhythm, Rituals & Purposes
- Pushing and Delivery, Delivering the Placenta, Postpartum—Taking Care of Mom, Video Questions, and Answers
- Dinner served at the JCC and Traditions
- No prenatal section
- Tour the Hospital and Maternity
- No Judaics
- Building a Jewish Community—Partnerships
- Baby Care—Swaddling, Holding, Burping, Diapering, Bathing
WEEK 7 ($36)
- Miracles and Mayhem: The Reality of Motherhood
- Bootcamp for New Dads
Contact Leslie Fleischman, Early Childhood Director
973-530-3430 | email@example.com
Jewish Baby University is inclusive and open to all those committed to Jewish parenting and community.